On saturday morning, Liam, Nick and Will had just come down from Ravenclaw Tower for breakfast when Amy went down the huge staircase too.
- Well, well, well, who is descending those stairs now, wouldn’t it be Will Blake’s girlfriend?, started Liam.
- And look how she’s coming towards him to.. ignore him completely. Wait, isn’t such a behavior kind of weird from the love of your life? Just for info.
- Shut up you both, she could have heard you!, whispered Will.
- Maybe you should go and talk to her instead of staying here whispering all by yourself like a spoonhead.
- You think so?
- He’s a Jonas, he’s always right!, said a voice behind them.
Will didn’t take time to see who it was.
- I’m going right now! Amy..Wait!
As for Liam and Nick, they stayed talking with Joe, Taylor and Camille.
- Hey Joe! That’s Liam. Liam, that’s my brother, Joe.
- And we are Camille and Taylor, Hoggie’s it couple!
- Hey! Don’t mind him, he’s a bit weird in the morning., said Camille to Nick.
- It’s my love for you blinding me.
- Honestly, it’s your stupidity that’s blinding me sometimes.
- I don’t care, I love you.
- Anyway… Hi Nick, I’m Mathieu.
- Yeah Nick, Mathieu is the crappy Gryffindor keeper.
- Nick, if I were you, instead of taking Payne, I’d chose my friends more carefully and go for the best. Us.
- I’m not getting used to this very low self-esteem around here.
- Seriously Joe? It’s you saying that?
- And BAAAAHM, the subject is changing. Why were you right earlier?
- About Will going to talk to Amy.
- Ah, he’s so cute!, said Taylor.
- What’s going on between them?, Joe asked, confused.
- Between them, nothing much, the whole story is actually between himself and.. himself.
- I see. He’s crazy in love?
- She’s the love of his life.
- But she never realized he had a crush on her.
- NEVER?!?!, Nick exclaimed, but he’s so obvious! This guy is a mammoth, seriously!
- Never! But my dear cousin was to absorbed by James.
- Ya, cause I didn’t get the chance to tell you the best part. Amy had a tiny little crush on James Blake, Will’s older brother.
- Ouch, that’s not cool.
- Well, I can’t blame her, Camille answered, James Blake was like THE male of the school! Ravenclaw seeker, team captain, Head Boy, class valedictorian, nice, funny and hot as hell, he had it all.
- I think I’m falling in love with a boy I’ve never met!, said Joe in a real high pitched voice.
- I’ve been breathing for him for so long..
- Ah, if Camille wasn’t here…
- Why am I friends with you already?, asked a scared Mathieu.
- Camille, I’m sorry, but it’s completely stupid! Will has it all too!, said Nick, pretending he hadn’t heard Joe, Liam and Taylor.
- And they’d be so cool as a couple! Well, not as much as Camille and I, but close!
- Her crush started during second year and Will didn’t look as hot as now back then whereas James.. She didn’t love him, since she had a few boyfriends but he was her ideal, you see.
- A few boyfriends, you’re cheap!
- It was three maximum, Mathieu, so stop the overprotective cousin stuff it’s pathetic.
- Yeah, especially when we’ve stopped counting your girlfriends after a hundred.
- Raah, easy guys, I’m just trying to protect my cousin, I don’t want her to get hurt again.
- Well, it sure fills a conversation, Amy’s love life!, said Joe, completely out of everything.
- Mathieu, it was three years ago, she’s moved on. You should too, the guy left Hogwarts now, no more risks.
- I don’t really follow you guys.., Nick interrupted, as confused as his brothers.
- Long story short, second year: Amy meets fourth year, Amy falls in love with fourth year, Amy dates fourth year, Amy and fourth year equals perfect couple, fourth year ends up being a jerk, Amy sad, Amy hard to move on, Amy finds hope in James., explained Taylor, But since, Mathieu became a little protective over her.
- I get it, I’m the same with my twin sister. He just cares a lot, nothing wrong about that.
- Yeah, well, I’d actually be more reassured if she dated Will. I know he’s too in love with her to ever hurt her. And she needs this kind of safe relationship, like Taylor and Camille.
- Who doesn’t want to be like Taylor and I, seriously?
- My love, we’re the best, no doubt.
- Anyway. Mathieu, I don’t want to go over the line or anything, said Joe, but I think you shouldn’t try to decide what’s good for Amy, she’s the one supposed to do that and I’d hate it if someone acted like this with me.
- I understand. And I’d hate myself if I were her, but, I just can’t help it, you know?
- Of course! If a guy comes to close to Rose, his ugly face will get a taste of my bat, you can trust me on that. Can we go eat now? I’m starving.
- Great idea. And don’t worry about Amy and Will, Mathieu, I think it’s coming on pretty well.
They all looked at Amy and Will who were laughing as they both entered the Great Hall and went for breakfast.
At the same moment, on Amy and Will’s side:
- I’m going right now! Amy.. Wait!
- Hey Blake! What’s up?
- Nothing much, you?
- Well, it’s Saturday, so everything is great!
- Weekends at Hogwarts are really the best. If you don’t count Quidditch, of course.
- And today, we’ve got Saturday PLUS Quidditch tryouts! It’s freaking perfect!
- Ah, I love it, when everyone’s coming, hoping to get in, all those coming to watch..
- All your groupies coming to drool..
- I don’t have any groupies!
- Give me one fifth year girl or younger who’s not at your feet?
- Told you! They’re all over you! And I understand them!
- Of course! Being this handsome must be running in the Blake family genes.
- Hum… Thank you!
- No needs, it’s what I think. Anyway, I’m going to eat.
- Stinks you can’t come with the Ravenclaws!
- There should be a prefect table or something!
- Ya, but we’ve already got the right to give punishments and this awesome bathroom so, we can’t complain.
- This thing is so cool! It’s a pool!
- We’re so great, they couldn’t let us bathe with commons.
- You’ve got that right. We’re the elite!
- Yes, How do you reckon someone always wins in the Gryffindor/Ravenclaw games?
- That’s just because us Gryffindors are the elite of the elite.
- Right, we’ll see about that on the field.
- Go eat something then! You’ll need vitamins to be almost half as good as us!
- Dream on, Davis.
- Haha! Have a good breakfast, Blake!
- You too, Amy.
Amy sat in front of Harry who had arrived first in the Great Hall, fast joined by Mathieu, Joe, Camille and Taylor. Will sat as far as possible from Abby, as he waited for Liam and Nick.
- So?, asked Harry.
- So what?
- We saw you talking with Will, said Camille as she sat down.
- Oh ya, Blake! He’s cool!
- So?, asked Nick, at the Ravenclaw table.
- So this day is beginning in the best way ever and promises great endings!
Rose and Anna were heading to the Quidditch pitch as they passed the Slytherin team. Anna looked at him, to check. Her eyes met his. Yes, he was still as handsome. They looked at each other for a few seconds, then realized the situation was inappropriate, looked away and hurried off.
- Who was that?, asked Rose.
- What? Who?
- The Slytherin guy you just had a romantic eye connection with during which time stopped and the rest of the world blurred out.
- Nothing of the sort happened. He’s name is Nolan. He’s a prefect.
- He’s good looking.
- Oh yes, he is. Anyway, we’re gonna be late.
- It seems like he’s not unmoved either. Why don’t you go and talk to him?
- Because he’s a Slytherin. And it’s like that, you don’t talk to Slytherins.
- That’s stupid.
- It is. But, I will survive.
Kevin and Louis were already on the field when the girls arrived. They were followed by Sam.
- What the heck are you doing here?
- Is it me you’re talking like that to, Sam?, asked Kevin.
- Who else? You’re the only person who has nothing to do here.
- No. There’s you too, Sam., said Annna.
- Oh, hum, Pevensie, how are you?
- What’s going on here?
- Well, as you can see, I’m just giving a warm welcome to the new guy.
- By screaming at him, great idea.
- Actually, Kevin is keeper so little Sammy is afraid of not being the best anymore and seeing his place in the team taken, so he’s being a jerk.
- “Of not being the best anymore”. I’m sorry Sam, but you’ve always been behind the other keepers. I mean, look at Liam Payne and Mathieu Greene, you’re nothing next to them, stop showing off, even the Slytherin keeper might be better than you!
- Don’t you talk to me like that Pevensie! Remind yourself I’m captain of this team.
- Well go on, throw me out! This way, you won’t even have the Snitch to keep up with the hundreds of goals you miss.
- But I never said..
- You know what?, said Louis, We’re gonna do a match. I think we have enough people to do two teams with the old members and people trying out. We’ll take the best ones to make a new team!
- Good idea! Let’s do that!
- Hey! I’m the one deciding and I say no.
- So, in my team, I take, Kevin, Rose, Louis..
- HEY! I said NO!
- Shut up and obey., said Kevin.
Sam grumbled but listened to Kevin. He insisted on having Louis and all the other members of the year before’s team, except for Anna. The game was really tight but Kevin’s team won thanks to Anna catching the Snitch. Kevin and Sam were both at their best so not a lot of goals were made. Sam was having trouble with Roses’s shots, though, she was really good. Sam decided to take her in the team, since it looked like being from the same bloodline as the other jackass didn’t damage her. And she was quite hot, so no reason not to take her on the team.
The Gryffindors had just finished their tryout session, Joe, Amy and Harry were heading towards the Entrance Hall after they changed back from their Quidditch clothes.
- It’s so cool you’re like us! We can do even more stupid stuff when we’re three!
- We need to introduce you to Peeves!
- I heard about him! But I thought he was a pain in the ass!
- He loves us.
- Cool! Isn’t it your friend Anna on the stairs, over there?
- She’s with my sister!
- Nice! You introduce us?
- Hey, Harry, I see what you’re thinking of. Don’t touch my sister.
- You really don’t have to worry about that.
- Come on!
- Amy, Harry! How are you my dear fellows?, Anna greeted them.
- Well, pretty good, you know, like is hard but..
- So, we’re here to introduce you to Joe Jonas, our new baleful colleague.
- Don’t tell me you’re like him!
- Yes they are Rose! I finally found people like me! Isn’t it great?
- Less than the arrival of your little sister in the Hufflepuff Quidditch team!
- Cool! I knew you’d made it! I heard about Kevin and the other bastard, I hope it’s gonna be okay.
- It sucks, but don’t worry. The bad thing is, Kevin is better than him and we can’t throw him out. And you, did you make the team?
- Of course! They needed someone to protect these two dangers.
- You’re calling others dangers now?
- Otherwise, do you know who’s the new Ravenclaw seeker?
- Why? You want to know if he’s better than James?
- Nobody can’t replace James.
- James?, asked Rose.
- The handsome, the great, the magnificent JAMES BLAAAAAAAAAAAKE!
- He was a seventh year last year and Amy’s big fantasy.
- Hey! How do you know about that, Joe?
- Hum… Mathieu briefly mentioned him.. And I must say, I fell for him immediately!
- For Mathieu?!
- No, for James, he seems so..
- Perfect!, finished Amy.
- Exactly! But don’t worry, unlike Amy, here, I’m joking.
- Is he that hot?
- Oh yes, Rose he is. He has lots of charm, he dresses well, which is a bonus. Then, let’s say he’s quite well..carved if you see what I mean.
- I see, I see, Rose said smiling.
- He has brown curly hair, beautiful brown eyes and a smile to die for.
- Yeah well, you don’t often see it, that infamous smile., said Anna.
- Ya, but when you do, it’s just.. HAAAAAAAAA
Rose and Joe looked at each other and both thought about the same person. Amy was picturing James smiling in her head so did not remark the arrival of a certain Ravenclaw.
- Rose! Rose! Guess who’s the new Ravenclaw seeker!
- Did you just say Ravenclaw seeker?, said Amy, waking up from her fantasy.
Joe and Rose both looked at Nick then Amy and burst out laughing.
- I don’t understand, here..
“I don’t either. Wait, who just spoke? Let’s see.. WOW! Is James back?! No, it can’t be, that one looks better. Well, nobody can be better than James, I’m sure that one is a jerk or something.”
- Nick: Amy. Amy: the guy of your dreams, Rose introduced them.
- No, nothing, she just said: Amy, we..lie in our dreams, because I dreamt something stupid last night and was just telling her about it.
Harry and Anna joined Joe and Rose in their giggles.
- Oh, Ok, well, I’m Nick.
- Amy. So, you’re the new Ravenclaw seeker?
- Yes, and he’s gonna kick your butt., said Will, as he and Liam joined them.
- Blake, I already told you this morning to stop dreaming, you won’t win.
- You’re Gryffindor seeker, aren’t you? Don’t talk too fast, you’ve never seen me playing!
- You haven’t either! I guess we’ll see that on the pitch.
- Ha, I can’t wait to go in your Common Room in the end of the year and take the Quidditch cup from a sorrowful Camille.., Liam told.
- Liam, you’ll never see me sorrowful about Quidditch, I can tell you, we have quite a good team here. Amy, we need to go, lunch is about to start. Why happened to them?, asked Camille looking at the four still laughing.
- No idea, lied Amy. Let’s go!
Amy, Camille and the three Ravenclaw boys were entering the Great Hall when Danielle Deleasa approached them.
- Hi everyone!
- Hi Danielle! How are you?
- Fine, fine. I just wanted to tell you, Amy and Will, we have a prefect reunion after lunch.
- Anyway, how was Quidditch? Did you guys find a new seeker?
- Yes, Nick.
- Good. James would have been the worst show off if you hadn’t!
- Yes, he would’ve. We’re going for lunch, see you afterwards!
Danielle left them.
- She knows your brother? , Nick asked Will.
- They’ve been together for a few years.
- This girl is so nice.
- Yes, she’s really a great girl. She deserves someone like James.
- How do you know my brother, Amy?
- He was my Runes tutor last year.
- Why else do you reckon Amy took Ancient Runes?
Nick started laughing as he recalled their conversation from the previous morning.
- Camille! And why are you laughing?
- Wait, you like my brother?
- At that point, it’s more than liking.
- Hey! But you don’t know me! Who told you all of that?
- Guess, Nick answered, looking at Camille.
- Thanks a lot, Camille, she said before turning to Will. No, I don’t “like” your brother, as you said, I just find him handsome and nice and I’d like to date someone like him. I’m not in love with him or anything, don’t worryn he’s way too old for me.
- Didn’t you date a guy the same age?
- Great. The new guy knows all about my life. It was a long time ago, and now I know he is too old. Anyway, Blake, your brother was just a kind of ideal guy for me, thanks to him I know what I’m looking for in a guy, he actually helped me without know. Now, I’ll stop talking about my life, since it seems like you all know about it, and I’m going to eat.
- I’m coming with you!, said Nick.
- I’m sorry, it’s just, your friends were talking about it to Joe this morning and since it’s my brother, I was there.
- Don’t worry, I’m angry at Camille. I just don’t like you for thinking you’re a better seeker than I am.
- I’m just telling the truth. But you really don’t like me?
- What about Will?
- What is with you all and Blake, today?
- I just wanted to know if you appreciated him.
- He’s nice. Well, he also shows off too much about Quidditch but..
- And she’s the one saying that.
- “I’m just telling the truth”!
- We’ll see about that! See you!
They both went to sit at their tables. An angry Will was waiting for Nick.
- You could have told me.
- I heard about it this morning and I don’t really picture myself tallying you: “Hey, you know the girl you’re in love with for five years? Well, she’s crazy in love with your brother! Can you pass the sugar, please?”
- She’s not crazy in love with him.
- I know. You should take it as a good sign, you’re a good guy too, and who else than James’ brother is more like James?
- We’ll see.
Amy was the angry one at the Gryffindor table.
- Amy, I’m sorry.
- So you tell my life to strangers often?
- He’s not a stranger now!
- Yes, but don’t do it again, seriously, it’s really not cool to see someone you hardly know knowing all about your life and having a great laugh about it.
- So, as promised earlier, here are your new Quidditch teams., announced McGonagall.
John Sark went to the stand and Rose saw Anna look down as John said Nolan’s name. Then, Sam took John’s place and Nick was surprised not to hear Kevin’s name but proud of his sister. Camille got up. Joe and Amy were the last name she said and Nick saw them faking to refuse applauses. Finally, Liam listed his team and as Camille did, he kept the seeker’s name for last. Amy met Nick’s look and rolled her eyes as if to tell him he wasn’t good enough.
- Alright, the first game will take place next Saturday, Ravenclaw against Gryffindor. Now, have a good meal.
Amy and Nick looked back at each other, in a defying way.
“I feel like it’s going to be fun to see her rabid after losing the game.”
“Well, it’s going to be nice to see him in tears after his first game, that’s for sure.”
Anna, Amy, Harry, Taemin and Louis were sitting in the Prefects’ room, waiting for Nolan, Jade, the Slytherin bitch, Will, Abby, the Ravenclaw bitch, and Danielle to arrive. When they were all there, Louis started talking.
- Yesterday, Danielle and I had a meeting with Professor McGonagall who announced to us that.. Oh well, here she is, she’ll say it herself.
- Hello everyone!
- Hello Professor!
- So, I would like you to organize a homecoming dance. We’ll have a few of those from now on every year.
- Wicked!, Anna exclaimed forgetting who she was speaking too, When will it be?
- Yes, it is kind of “wicked” Miss Pevensie. It won’t be next Saturday but the one afterwards. As I don’t want anyone to be left out, each house’s prefect will be assigned to work with another house’s prefects.
Amy and Harry looked at each other whispering: “Not Slytherin, not Slytherin..”
- So, let’s say… Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.
- YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!. Hum.. Sorry..
- It’s okay, Miss Davis, I’m glad to see your enthusiasm. So that’s Hufflepuff with Slytherin. Miss Deleasa and Mister Tomlinson, you will go together, of course.
Nolan met Anna’s gaze.
- So, we’re going to have to organize and go to the ball with the person?
- Exactly. Miss Deleasa will assign each pair of you to do something. I shall go now, I will be available if you need help for anything. Goodbye.
Nolan smiled to Anna and she smiled back. McGonagall left, they listened to Danielle’s instructions and went away, happy or not of their newly-assigned partner.
❖ ❖ ❖